with experience from the oil & gas industry, rig or ship operations
We are looking for a Vessel Manager with experience from the oil & gas rig or shipping industry. You are familiar with compliance work and industry standards, and you are able to efficiently communicate HSE, management principles, procedures and policies to the Vessel Management and co-workers in the office. The primary place of business will be in Bergen and around 1-2 days per week at the company headquarter in Austevoll. This position involves some travel, both in connection with vessel and sub-supplier audits. The company is currently certified under ISO 9001 and ISO 14001. Further certifications under OHSAS 18001 may be actual. We are further approved in JQS Achilles and FPAL.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Maintain a safe, cost efficient and environmentally sound operation standard in compliance with the prevailing Procedures for a given number of vessels.
- Manage the daily operation of the number of vessels assigned in accordance with the prevailing Procedures & communicate with Masters, Chief Engineers and Charterers on important matters.
- Evaluate and monitor the required reporting from the vessels, act as required and inform other office sections and external bodies as relevant.
- Follow up class and statutory certification status, condition of class and arrange for the necessary surveys and inspections.
- Coordinate with the assigned vessels and prepare the dry docking specification, submit the specification to yards for quotations and evaluate the received quotations.
- Develop and maintain stringent cost control of operating budget including financial reporting.
- Monitor the vessels performance trend and take necessary remedial actions.
- Regular inspections of the vessels to ensure compliance.
- Review monthly cost control and financial reports. Prepare input for the annual budgets for the vessels.
- Follow up purchasing, monitor the orders from the vessel and approve invoices for payment.
- Liaise with the VP Marine Operation Manager in claims handling.
- Follow up the onboard maintenance system (TMV2), monitor the deficiencies and non-conformities from vetting inspections, port state control, audits and flag state inspections and close liaison with Marine department for closure of NCR’s.
Your knowledge and experience
- Relevant higher education/experience
- Broad experience with ship operations and maintenance ensuring continuing improvements
- Experience from ship operations to high quality and HSEQ standards
- Knowledge of HSEQ requirements of the oil and gas industry
- Knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO 14001, NORSOK S 012 and NORSOK S 006.;
- Strong ability to process significant amounts of information and data, and to communicate this in a concise manner
- Be comfortable with both English and Norwegian as a professional language, both written and verbal form
- Understanding of multicultural work environments
- Self-starter with the ability to work well in teams, dedicated to the work with strong ability to execute
- Strong and confident communicator of HSE principles both towards internal and external parties
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, please contact:
CEO Per Vidar Hille by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Vestland Management AS has a vacant position as controller in our finance department. We are searching for a person who holds a bachelor’s degree in economics (or is an authorized accountant), and a minimum of 3 years of economics experience, preferably within shipping. Long experience can compensate for education. We can offer a challenging position in an international shipping organization with competitive terms. For further information, please contact Birthe Taranger by e-mail email@example.com or tel 91 10 47 96.