UNCONTROLLED COPY – For the latest revision, check UniSea IMS
Vestland Management AS is committed to provide “
Management services of ships in worldwide operation, comprising Project, Technical, Crewing
and Commercial Management
” in accordance with the Environmental management system that conforms to the requirements of ISO 14001:2015.
The Company is responsible for any harmful effects their activities have on both the local and global environment, and is committed to reduce such
effects to a minimum.
Top Management shall:
- Regularly review and evaluate the Environmental Policy and Significant Environmental Aspects
- Communicate the importance of EMS throughout the Company
- Provide necessary resources
The Company shall:
- Identify, evaluate and comply with all applicable environmental laws and environmental requirements of our customers as well as industry
standards as applicable. Be in compliance with MARPOL
- Maintain and update environmental program
- Establish specific targets and carry out measurement against such targets
- Encourage the segregation and recycling of waste
- Encourage customers to take environmental responsibility
- Include environmental requirements in agreements with subcontractors
- Report all environmental unwanted incidents
- Record the environmental aspects and act according to their measures
- Log the emission to air, releases to water, garbage and contamination to shore
- Use environmental friendly technology in development of new ships
- Carry out environmental friendly maintenance of properties
- Operate in a fuel efficient manner and optimize use of fuel and electric power
- Reduce harm of fuel emission gases to the environment
- Have zero oil spill and waste to the environment
- Assist or perform service when pollution has occurred in an operational area
Personnel environmental related duties:
- Minimise paper printing, only use the main network printer.
- Segregate the paper waste, using the paper segregating boxes.
- Special waste (battery, computers, electrical equipment …) shall be segregated.
- Utilise the heating exchange processed ventilation system. Minimise the extra heating of the building.
- Aim to switch off the light when you are the last one to leave a room.
- When travelling aim to reduce the environmental impact.