Vestland Offshore’s Green Commitment
- We are committed to reducing our greenhouse emissions and our carbon footprint
- We will enforce and encourage our “green principles” in all areas of our business
- We will promote and encourage our vendors and customers to follow our “green
Our “Green Principles”
- We strongly believe in taking responsibility for the environment in which we operate by taking measures to minimize our impact on the environment. We will take a proactive approach to manage our environmental performance.
- We have adopted the following UN Sustainable development goals (SDG’S); 7 Affordable and clean energy, 13 Climate action, 14 Life below water, 15 Life on land. And will support them in all our activities
- We are advising our customers (ship owners) and assisting with initiatives to seek sustainable solutions utilizing modern technology to reduce our carbon footprint.
- We will always promote our most energy-efficient and sustainable way of conducting our operations towards owners and charterers.
- We will support and incentive owners and charterers that follow our green path and initiatives.
- We educate personnel and promote a green operational profile.
How we support and promote our green principles
- Target zero incidents during our operation and safety first
- Proactive measures and with a high focus on safety by continuously improving our QHSE performance and skills, on- and offshore, and by working systematically through improvement targets, action plans and performance measurement
- Environmental initiatives in order to induce green impacts by identifying & controlling environmental aspects and using SEEMP as a dynamic proactive tool
- Improve fuel efficiency by cleaning the ship’s hull at dry dock and propellers annually
- Focus on optimising engine configuration, and by that reducing maintenance and emission
- Fuel- and engine performance monitoring with high-performance digital software
- Recording our footprint based on fuel savings and CO2, NOx, Sox emission data
- Applications to optimize the performance by obtaining high energy efficiency and savings Carbon neutrality (invest in more environmentally friendly technologies)
- Increase the involvement and environmental awareness of our employees
Shore connection enabling fully electric operations to support decarbonization targets
- Battery hybrid power system installed on the vessel(s)
- We are certified according to ISM, ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015 Codes, certified by Bureau Veritas
Vestland Offshore’s Safety Goals
In regard to safety, Vestland Offshore aims at zero incidents that relate to:
- Personal injuries
- Environmental incidents
- Oil spills
- Operational disruptions
- Damages to equipment